If the user is from outside the store, either at another store within the group, or completely outside the group, follow the steps below to add a Participant to an Appraisal Grid Channel. You will not need to register Participants in PIM first.
Adding Participants, users from outside the store is done entirely in the Appraisal Grid App. It begins with an invitation for the new Appraisal Grid user to be added.
- You need to have an Appraisal Manager’s Role assigned in PIM under Special Roles to invite Guest Participants to Appraisal Grid.
- You do not need to be the Channel Owner to invite a Guest Participant, but the Channel Owner will need to approve the new user before the invited user can participate in the channel.
- email address for the user to be added
- Log in to Appraisal Grid.
- Go to Settings > Channels from the left side slide out.
- Find the Channel you want to invite an outside Guest Participant to in either the “My Store Channels” list or the “Other Store Channels” list.
- Tap “Participants” for the channel.
- Tap “Add” in the upper right corner.
- Enter the email address for the new Guest Participant.
- Select the Permissions in the dropdown below. You can allow the invited Participant to Buy or Value. Both can be selected if you would like the invited user to perform both functions in Appraisal Grid.
- Tap “Done” on the keypad to clear the keypad from the screen.
- Click “Next” bottom center.
- Fill in the user’s First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number and Company.
- Once you’re satisfied with the entered information, click “Send Inventation” at the bottom.
Before the invitation is sent to the user, the Channel Owner will receive an in app message asking to accept or decline the invitation. The Channel Owner will have to accept the invitation for the invitation code will be emailed to invitee.